Friday 30 November 2007

Wives lack understanding of men

I have had wives attacking me because their husbands have paid me money for my services. This is the same as a mother attacking a shopkeeper because her child bought sweets in the shop. It makes no sense to anyone but that is the mentality of a woman who has become a wife.

When I get a client, I treat him as a client. I do not ask his marital status, nor do I care. My services do not depend of his marital status, but more on how much money he will pay me for what I do. I have no relationship with the man. I have no vested interest in any part of him apart from his money. If he gave me his money and walked away with no services I would take the money and bank it. I am not even interested in giving him services. I just do it to get him to give me the money. I am no in competition with this man’s wife for this man.

The man comes to me on his own accord and he pays me voluntarily and he either wears a condom or not as he wishes. As long as he pays me, I have nothing against him. The man knows whether or not he is married. He has a choice of coming to me or going to his wife. I do not influence him in that choice.

So for the wife to attack me is totally out of order. I used to run away and hide, but one day I chose to stand my ground. I asked this woman in Kadoma, Zimbabwe if I was married to her or if she knew me from somewhere. She just wanted to fight me and kept accusing me of having an affair with her husband. I do not do affairs. When she attacked me I made sure she never thought to attack any other sex worker again in her life. She came off worst.

I have had so many attacks in Africa, but never in Europe. European wives understand that the argument is between them and their husbands. If your husband does not get what he needs from you, he will get it from someone else. A sex worker is just incidental to your problems with your husband. She does not add to them or anything. She does not even need to know that they are there. She is simply making a living.

No comments: