Tuesday 27 November 2007

What is the income in sex work?

Income depends on how you run the biz and where you are. In Zimbabwe I was earning a lot less than my clients, while in the UK I was earning several times more than each of my clients. Being a sex worker in Southern Africa is not that profitable but you do earn more than an average worker. In the UK the first thing you notice is that other girls tell you you need a minder. These are not very good people but they protect you from bad clients. They also take a large proportion of your earnings. On most evenings, my minder whose street name was Stick, was always the last one to have sex with me after I had been working most of the afternoon and evening. The only time he did not do that was when I was booked for the full night.

He tok all the money from me and gave me back around 20%. this would be about 200 Pounds per night. What used to annoy me was that he would know that I had had a tip from a client. He seemed to know everything. He took my tips off me.

When I became more confident, I stopped having a minder, moved to East London from Slough and carried on on my own. The earnings were not much for a while but after about two months I was earning as much as I had been with a minder, for less hours

By the later part of 2003 I was earning at least 6000 Pounds per month easily. I have never paid any form of tax in my life. I also found out that Arabic clients pay a lot more than others. There was a time when I was hired to go with a client to the USA for two weeks. I earned nearly 15000 pounds during that time.

In South Africa you work harder and the clients are much more crude and unrefined, but you can make over 50 000 Rand per month. Also clients recommend each other to you so you can easily have more than ten clients from the same friendship group.

Overall, if you do not use drugs you can save you money very quickly.

No comments: