Friday 23 November 2007

My sexual history.

I was raped at age 18 by a man with HIV. I did not know then that I had been infected. Him and his wife died within 18 months of the rape.

I was already working in the sex trade and continued to do so till I was nearly 26. During that time I had sex with or without a condom depending on the men's preference. I found black men more resistant to condoms. In my live, I have been with maybe 20 -30 men per week for nearly 8 years. That is 8320 -12480 men in total. Each of these could have chosen to risk HIV or other STIs. Although I have always offered condoms to men, I did not turn them down if they refused. The job of a sex worker is to earn money. No sex worker I ever knew could give back the money and let the client go because of condoms.

I currently live with my partner who is also positive. We have become faithful to each other on and off. When we do have sex with others, we know who has done what and with whom. We are both on ARV treatment.

3 comments:

hazelbella said...

i'm very sorry to know that you got the desease from another man . at the same time i think you are the most cruel human being on this planet . if you knew you had this disease why sleep with plenty men in a week ...i'm even shocked of the title of this blog ..MY SEXUAL HISTORY wtf

Instant Moyo said...

Most of the sex workers I have worked with in Southern Africa and elsewhere were positive. A sex worker is not a social worker. A man goes to a sex worker in that region knowing that she is positive. My view is that if you are old enough to want sex, you should be old enough to know how to put a condom on. You may find this hard but a sex worker's full focus is on the money. WE are not community primary health officers. We are sex workers.

There would be no sex worker if there were no clients. You do not see many male sex workers, do you? That is because women refuse to pay them.

A man who is alive must assume a sex worker is positive. What I am telling you is what is happening daily in Southern Africa and elsewhere. Men love sex workers and pay them to have sex without condoms. Men will offer more money to avoid using condoms. If you are going to be shocked, then you will be in shock daily for the rest of your life. Sex work is on the increase.

Jayprog said...

While your story sounds so sad, you harbor an element of cruelty in you. I however take your point that everyone who sleeps with a whore should assume that she is positive and be well aware of the consequences.

Surely it is not the duty of the sex worker to educate the philanderer about HIV/AIDS otherwise it will be killing the business.

My advise to those who still take whores is simple. " A fool and his penis will soon enter the grave"