Wednesday 24 December 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I wish all HIV Carriers and AIDS patients and their carers, researchers, and all those on earth advocating compulsory testing for all living humans followed by the issue of cards, Red for HIV positive, and Green for negative, a very merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I sincerely hope that you will appreciate that compulsory mass testing would remove the stigma completely, specially in Southern and Central Africa where it would be clearly shown that those posaitive are in the majority and stigmatising them is not sustainable.

I also hope that governments will see that mass testing is the best way to ensure that those negative can choose negatives for sex and those positive can also be accepted by fellow positives for sex and it would be much easier to educate the negatives to stay negative and to monitor acceptance of the message. Fewer children would be made orphans like I was, and positive reduction of infection rates would me measurable.

Clever humans like Bill Clinton, himself a keen sexual experimenter of some international renoun, agrees with me on this one. He is by far my model man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We appriciate that you want the world to be a happier and safer place, but you can not blame the world for your mistakes and the wrongs that you have done in your life, lets face it, life is about hope and it is clear that that is the one thing that you have lost in your life. Looking at some of the things that you were posting, I really wonder if you were married coz you loved the guy or you were forced to marry him? In Afrrica, the prevalence of HIV and AIDS is something that has been spread by ignorance and wrong perception, lack of education and lack of courage from women like you who really belive that harming themselves is a good way of satisfying your partner. Who in their right senses would prefer dry sex that they know would hurt them physically and go to an extent of stopping themselves from stimulation. I will not say it is not happening but I will say however that people that would go to that extent need professional help and councelling.

Instant Moyo said...

As an African I must confirm to you as vigorously as possible that there is nobody in Africa who can be described as ignorant of any aspect of HIV. That era is long gone. Even little kids can describe to you the intricate details about HIV. So do not assume that some parts of Africa may be ignorant because that is totally untrue.

i was never married. I was raped at age 18 and infected with HIV. I was never ignorant either. just destitute. When you are destitute in a country like Zimbabwe and your parents have both died, you do what you have to do to look after your younger siblings. They are well looked after and they do not have HIV like I have.

Dry sex is the norm in Southern Africa. It is not ignorance of its effects but more a sort of masochistic approach to sex, supposedly because men prefer it to wet sex. Never get the impression that women are incapable of stopping it. They can stop it, but they prefer not to stop it, and yes it hurts them sometimes badly.

As a sex worker I worked in Zimbabwe, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Malawi, Kenya, the UK, Australia, USA, and Swaziland. I do have some knowledge on the subject and am probably am a bit more educated than your average sex worker. I also have experienced HIV and am on ARVs. I know what it is to be positive and watch you fellow positives die one by one at a young age. I also know that African men prefer sex workers to their wives. There is no amount of information you could give to an African wife for her to accept that she must provide her husband the same provisions that a two bit sex worker provides. That is partly the reason for men seeking sex workers. It is men that transmit HIV between the sex worker and the wife.

Hope, is a funny thing. Africa lives from day one to day two. We do not have such fancy ideas as hope. Hope for what? Africa does not ever get better. It only knows how to get worse, and you talk about hope? You are in another place.

I have not done many wrongs in my life. I have only been instrumental to the wrongs men were doing either to themselves or to their wives and children. In fact they paid just like I was a tool. They fully understood my role in this.