Saturday 22 May 2010

Anyone ?????

Does anyone have anything I can smile about today? Any good news out there involving humans? All calls from Zimbabwe are carriers of bad news.
The government is bad
The harvest is bad and there will be widespread food shortages
Sex work is increasing
Poverty in rural areas is increasing
Zimabweans are going to be murdered in South Africa after football.

Am I the only one who feels envelopped with depression about the human state in Southern Africa? This Monday I will go to Vic Falls to cheer myself up, but I know I will be compelled to go and look at the vast number of new graves in such a small town, knowing they are HIV graves and many orphans are left behind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know whether you are alive or dead,but I will express my opinion here anyway. I am a woman and I understand you had a difficult life,but I don't think you are a good person. You feel sorry for children with HIV,but you don't think that you are responsible of spreading the virus and you yourself probably created hundreds of that children. Does that sound logical to you? Do you feel proud of what you achieved in your life? I wouldn't. All of your school degrees mean nothing to me. At the end,your actions,not your school training,is what matters the most.
Your hypocrisy is what disturbs me the most. You are positive,but instead of quitting your sex work,you continued on spreading the virus for many years. At the same time,you are giving lectures to governments and other people about how they should behave in order NOT to spread the virus. And you cry because of your friends who died of HIV. At the same time,you probably caused very similar death of many people. And don't give me lectures about men who don't wear a condom and are responsible of spreading the virus. Even the men who wore a condom could have been infected.
I would be ashamed of myself if I were you.

Instant Moyo said...

I am alive. I have not worked in the sex industry since 2005, but by then I had had thousands of clients so yes you can say what you said freely, knowing it is true.

When you take a young person and you rape her and give her HIV, you create a very unsettled and possibly vengeful person. You also create a person who is in denial. You create a person who is unhappy and could create a weapon to destroy.

However, when I knew I was positive, I had my womb removed to make sure I would never give birth and possibly give my own child HIV. HIV for all men is a disease of choice. For women it is a different matter. Anyone who got it from me did not have to get it.

I will never justify myself. But the facts of HIV are straight forward. Men choose to have it while the majority of women who catch it are infected by their husbands.